The scientific programme is result of intensive discussions among the bilateral partners IDEA and ZEF. All research initiatives and activities within the programme relate to the following objectives:
- Exploration of the complex relations between conflict (including the peace agreement) and the environment in its various manifestations, looking at natural resources as the reason, the victim, beneficiary, and finally the solution for conflicts.
- The examination of competing actors and institutions at various scales in land management, deepening the understanding the institutional-socioeconomic framework required for both a sustainable cultivation and use of land and the sustentation of the ecosystem for these productive activities.
- The analysis of path dependencies, interdependencies of legal, social, cultural and economic factors that foster inequalities in the access to land and territorial rights in Colombia.
- The analysis of potentials to strengthen communities in their activities to use and protect the environment.
The scientific projects are based on research at master, doctoral and post-doctoral level:
- Claudia Leifkes, Bonn University:
Decolonizing higher education in Colombia: How does the Instituto Agroecológico Latinoamericano María Cano attempt to produce knowledge in a decolonial way?
- Mauricio Alberto Ángel Macías, Universidad Nacional de Colombia:
Air pollution and health in Bogotá in the second half of the 20th century, an environmental history.
- Ingrid Quintero Silva, Universidad Nacional de Colombia:
Main Agroecological Structure, functional activity of coprophagous beetles and soil fertility in high mountain livestock agroecosystems.
- Carolina Tobón Ramirez, Universidad Nacional de Colombia:
Social metabolism, sustainability and territory in the upper basin of the Bogotá River.
- Juliana Giselle Sabogal Aguilar, Universidad Nacional de Colombia:
Impact of the main agrarian policies 1960-2010 and possible contributions of the policy of Integral Rural Reform (2016) to the peace of the territory.
- Julián Augusto Vivas García, Universidad Nacional de Colombia:
Criteria for a framework of public policies of transition towards agroecology in Colombia
- David Andrés Zamora Ávila, Universidad Nacional de Colombia:
Analysis of the distribution of ecosystem services in a watershed through coupled hydro-economic and hydro-economic modeling
- Emilia Schmidt, Bonn University:
Building future - Preserving past: Chances and challenges for cultural heritage in Colombia after the peace agreement
- Dennis Aviles:
Local power relations and social contestations in agrarian production and land use: Challenges behind the peace-building in Colombia
- Juliana Cepeda Valencia, Universidad Nacional de Colombia:
Identifying and evaluating worthy forms of coexistence: citizens and communities that support the territorial development
- Milson Betancourt, Universidad Nacional de Colombia:
Territorial and environmental challenges for peace in Colombia